First post for the year! Hope everyone had a great Chrissy and New Years. I started the year off with a bang with an ear infection and vertigo – yayness! Have you ever had the pleasure of experiencing vertigo? It’s strange and comes out of nowhere. Sort of like being drunk but without any recollection of the fun parts (or maybe exactly like being drunk, then?!).
Anyway, I digress. So 2013. It’s like a blank slate, or a blank page just waiting to be written. a new year holds so much hope and good intention…which brings me to resolutions.
I’ve not really been a fan of making resolutions. Not sure why, I just believe if you need to make a change in your life, any time is as good as any. BUT, in the spirit of keeping track of what I want to achieve this year, I vow to:
- Use my Gmail calendar as my diary. This is a big one for me. The process of choosing out my paper diary for the whole year is a ritual that begins roughly around November of each year. However, it’s no longer practical, as I’m always either leaving it at work, or home, and forgetting to transfer stuff to our family online calendar. So, this year everything will go into the one online calendar, which is also synced to my phone. In theory I’m OK with this, however I walked past a whole bunch of cute diaries in Typo and I swear, those pastels and skulls were positively singing out to me!
- Spend less time reading crappy books. There’s far too much fiction out there to keep reading a book that just doesn’t have it. (My friend Neen has also vowed to do the same!)
- Keep track of what I do read. I wish I’d done this years ago! There’s so many books I want to re-read, but no amount of googling titles or concepts brings them up. I started keeping track late last year here, and also tried to put down what I do remember reading pre-2012.
- Become a better blog commenter. So often I read a post which gets me thinking or wanting to add something and just forget. Bad, bad habit.
- Nourish my body with good food, harder workouts and more of the stretchy stuff . My goal is to get down to 22% body fat (I was 18% when I got married). I will achieve this via 2 weekly pilates & cardio sessions, and some compound weight training (no time to work each muscle group individually anymore!).
Annnnd that’s it! What are some of your goals for this year? Do you make resolutions & stick to them?